What if there were a tool that you could use to solve problems, come up with unexpected solutions and drive creativity? What if I told you it will cost you nothing and requires very little effort to use? The subconscious mind is an incredibly¬†powerful tool but few take advantage of it. Your subconscious works throughout the day when you are both awake and asleep but takes over entirely when you sleep. Free from the interference of daily life and external stimuli, at night your subconscious mind has nearly all the resources of your brain at its disposal.¬†With the subconscious mind dominating such a large portion of your life, you need to put it to work. Thomas Edison once stated, "Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious." Here's how to make that request:
- Get a journal, or prep a notes app on your phone.
- Before going to sleep, take a few minutes to think about and write down the things that you want to accomplish.
- Ask yourself questions about your goals and how to achieve them. What's stopping you from moving forward?
- Develop a few very specific questions and write them down.
- Lock these in by repeating them and consciously making the request to solve them to your subconscious.
- Grab your¬†journal or notes app, and "thought dump" from your subconscious¬†mind. Write your thoughts and feelings freely.
- Write down your dreams, they may hold the answers you were looking for.
- Page back to the questions you wrote down the night before and write down your answers.