Spring has officially sprung and for many of us that means spring cleaning time. But, if there' one room in your home that you should pay particular attention to, it' your bedroom. For a fresh and healthy sleep, here' a five-step checklist for spring cleaning your bedroom.
- If you have hardwood floors, it' a good idea to give them a quick vacuum or sweep before mopping. If you have carpeting in your bedroom, consider getting it steam cleaned.
- Wash all of your bedding, including sheets, pillow shams, bed skirts, mattress pads, and comforters. It' recommended washing your sheets at a temperature of at least 130 F (54 C), so that it'll kill any dust mites and other allergens that may be harboring in your sheets, which can also trigger allergy symptoms. And don't forget about your washing your pillows they can carry dust, mold, and bacteria.
- Draperies and Curtains. Take down any draperies and curtains to have them washed or dry cleaned.
- Hard Surfaces. Use a microfiber cloth to dust any hard surfaces in your bedroom, including ceiling corners, vents, fans, shelves, dressers, and lamps. It' also a good idea to wipe down baseboards and windowsills.
- Flip your mattress horizontally and vertically to keep the wear even. If your mattress is more than seven years old it may be time to invest in a new one.
- Protect your mattress from allergens, spills, bacteria and more with the ultimate fitted sheet.