Sleep: The #1 Way To Fight Colds and Flu
As the saying goes: "There' no cure for the common cold." While it' true that a number of remedies can ease symptoms, for the most part, you're stuck waiting it out. With cold season and flu season in full swing, it' important to know that through better sleep and proper sleep health, you have the ability to shorten the time spent sick. Here are some reasons why:
- As Everyday Health writes, sleep helps your body to fight the infection that' causing you to feel ill.
- An article published by Inside Science backs up this claim, and also cites a study which showed a special protein is produced during our sleep that speeds up recovery.
- Finally, ABC News reported about a study that found "‚Ä¶those who slept eight hours a night on average produced twice as many antibodies against the flu shot as individuals who got only four hours of sleep on average."
- Support , A supportive mattress will prevent the heavier parts of your body from sinking, causing poor spine alignment and ultimately discomfort and pain‚Ä¶a supportive pillow will ensure your head and neck stay aligned as well.
- Conformity , A mattress and pillow that shape themselves to the contours of your body will provide uniform support for better comfort
- Weight dispersion , When the mattress and pillow evenly distribute support, it prevents pain caused by excess pressure on a few areas of your body
- Motion separation , This is particularly helpful when sleeping with a bed partner, as it helps prevent you from being disturbed when he or she moves
- Added comfort benefits , The highest quality mattresses also help enhance sleep through innovative materials that help regulate heat and wick away moisture
- Getting to bed on time the night before
- Using a smart pillow to help ensure a deep sleep
- Stops sleep-robbing snoring
- Tracks sleep to help identify daytime habits that affect sleep health
- Plays soothing sounds or music to help you rest
- Can control lights and thermostat to optimize indoor sleep conditions