Do you consistently have trouble falling or staying asleep at night? It may be from too much caffeine, stress or even an undiagnosed sleep disorder. No matter the cause, keeping a sleep diary can help you learn about your sleep patterns and issues that may be caused by your sleeping habits. Starting a sleep diary is easy. All you need to do is make sure you keep a detailed recording of daytime and sleeping habits, including the following:
- The time you went to bed.
- The time you woke up.
- How long and well you slept.
- How many times you woke up during the night.
- How much caffeine or alcohol you consumed and when.
- Any activates that you did before going to bed.